Mackenzie Frances Ziegler was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on June 4th 2004. From an early age, Mackenzie was enrolled in dance classes at the Abby Lee Dance Company where her older sister Maddie attended classes.
Starting in 2011, Mackenzie along with her mom Melissa and sister starting competing all over the country on the show “Dance Moms“. It is from there that Mackenzie and her family became household names.
Along with appearing on Dance Moms, Mackenzie has modeled for companies such as Creations by Cici, Purple Pixies, OXYjEN Dancewear, Ralph Lauren, and more.
After appearing in two music videos, Mackenzie decided to take the music world by storm. In 2014 she released her first single “Girl Party” which topped the iTunes pop charts at #1. Since then Mackenzie released her first album called “Mack Z” and two Christmas singles.
In 2015 Mackenzie booked her first TV role as Lilly on the Nickelodeon show “Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn” and got to participate in the Ralph Lauren kids fashion show.
After five and a half seasons, Mackenzie and her family left Dance Moms and have big things planned.
When she’s not dancing, Mackenzie loves to sing, play with her dog Maliboo, spend time with friends, and of course just relax!
biography written by Starring staff, do not remove from this site
F U N F A C T S:
- Mackenzie started dancing at age 2!
- Mackenzie has traveled to Europe and Australia for Dance Moms.
- Mackenzie’s favorite color is pink!
- When Mackenzie grows up she wants to be on Broadway.
- Mackenzie has 5 siblings! Maddie Ziegler (full), Mathew Gisoni (half), Michele Gisoni (half), Tyler Ziegler (half), and Ryan Ziegler (half).
- Mackenzie loves Panda Express!